The recent events related to the death of George Floyd are yet another tragic instance of police brutality, longstanding injustice, and severe inequality built into the many systems in the US. Our criminal justice system in many places is broken and millions of Black people have been unnecessarily incarcerated, removing their rights and rendering them second class citizens.
- Create a Diversity and Inclusion Committee for advocacy and to help better embrace principles of inclusion, equity, justice, and diversity throughout CIP
- Ensure employees can continue to access our assistance programs and have safe spaces to discuss, share, or raise concerns
- Seek to further diversify our community members, board, and business
- Train and educate managers and staff on topics such as unconscious bias
- Give back to our local communities through service-learning and leadership efforts