Happy World Autism Awareness Day!
Coronavirus will almost certainly become a generational defining event.
The Bad News:
- Individuals on the spectrum already want to isolate more than they should.
- Now there will be strong rationales for them doing so.
- Anxiety is already co-morbid for most of individuals and this will aggravate that.
- Social distancing is the exact opposite of what most of us need.
The Good News:
- Online jobs and opportunities will double.
- The creative gene is our strength.
- You will not have to experience crowds in public in most places.
- Things will be more structured making us feel calmer.
- To continue to socialize and improve skills in this critical area.
- To use therapy, mentoring, yoga, meditation etc to calm ourselves.
- To maintain our physical and emotional balance through sensory.integration outlets.
- To keep a positive attitude and not let fear rule our lives.